The 2023 Canadian School of Hockey Officiating: Referee Summer Camp – or more commonly known as “Ref School” – will run August 21 to August 24.
Registration for the Referee Summer Camp will open in the Spring. Contact email@example.com if you would like to be notified when registration opens.
The “Ref School” is a comprehensive four-day summer camp for minor hockey officials conducted each summer by the GTHL’s special training entity, the Canadian School of Hockey Officiating. The goal of the camp is to help attending officials to:
- Improve their officiating knowledge and skills,
- Develop appropriate officiating attitudes and values,
- Expand their awareness of conditioning/fitness programs and nutrition,
- Obtain official certification or re-certify as a Hockey Canada Officiating Program referee, and
- Physically and mentally prepare for the upcoming minor hockey season.
Curriculum support is provided by the GTHL Officiating Development Committee.
Within the week, programs vary in length with some two or three days in duration, while others run for all four days.
Referee Summer Camp is suitable for all individuals 15 years of age or older by the end of the calendar year. Participants from the USA and other countries are eligible and welcome to attend.
For more information about the programs offered at the camp, visit GTHLCanada.com here.