DRILL OF THE MONTH: Skating – Warm Up #7 – Crossover Progression
- Under-11 to U18
- Players line up in two lines on the hashmarks.
- Both lines go at the same time, skating down the middle of the ice to the far end and then returning to the back of the line by following the boards.
- Perform each skating skill as shown in the video:
- C-cut to crossunder
- Quick alternating crossovers
- Quick crossovers (two each side)
- Crossover to glide
- Crossover with strides
Key Teaching Points
- Technique is important in warm-up to give players lots of repetition on technical aspects of skating.
About the Hockey Canada Network App
- Hundreds of coach skill video demonstrations.
- Hockey Canada Skills Manuals, and Weekly Practice Plans including for each age level.
- Over 1,500 drills each including a drill diagram, video demonstration, skill description, key teaching points, and a Team Canada game clip highlighting how each skill is used in a game.
- GTHL coaches can use the promo code HCCERT2023 when creating an account to save 50% on an annual premium subscription for the Hockey Canada Network App!
- Upon expiry of a paid subscription, all subsequent subscriptions are $10 annually for a 1-year renewal.
Download the Hockey Canada Network App
For more information on Coach Clinics, visit GTHLCanada.com here.