Drill of the Month: October 2023
DRILL OF THE MONTH: Defence – Puck on Forehand Pivots
- Player always faces the middle pylon.
- Keep puck on forehand, except on escape moves.
- Perform an escape move on middle pylon and at the bottom of the circle.
- Good shooting principles followed at blue line when taking a shot.
Key Teaching Points
- Keeping the puck on forehand.
- Keep speed in both backward-forward and forward-backward pivots.
- Try to keep stickhandling to a minimum.
- Try to keep crossovers to a minimum.
About the Hockey Canada Network App
- Hundreds of coach skill video demonstrations.
- Hockey Canada Skills Manuals, and Weekly Practice Plans including for each age level.
- Over 1,500 drills each including a drill diagram, video demonstration, skill description, key teaching points, and a Team Canada game clip highlighting how each skill is used in a game.
- GTHL coaches can use the promo code HCCERT2023 when creating an account to save 50% on an annual premium subscription for the Hockey Canada Network App!
- Upon expiry of a paid subscription, all subsequent subscriptions are $10 annually for a 1-year renewal.
Download the Hockey Canada Network App