School is back in session, the nights are cooling off, and the leaves are changing – all signs point to a new hockey season. With everyone excited to get back on the ice with a clean slate this fall, here are some simple tips to get you ready for the 2022-23 season.
- Go through the gear checklist. Nobody wants to be the one to forget a skate at home the first week of the season. Be sure to go through your bag and organize your gear before heading to the rink. Try on any pieces you think you may have outgrown over the summer months.
- Start your season with clean equipment. You know what they say, look good, play well – and nothing says a new hockey season quite like looking and feeling fresh in clean gear.
- Make sure you have lots of hockey tape. Is hockey tape the most underrated necessity? It’s debatable. Either way, we need lots of it! Stock up on tape at your nearest Canadian Tire or Pro Hockey Life.
- Get to know your teammates. Start the new season on the right foot by jumping in with some team bonding. Catch up with old friends and get to know your new ones with a team pizza dinner at Pizzaville.
- Set a goal. Do you want to prioritize having fun this season? What about spending more time with your teammates away from the rink? Want to finally try that slap shot from the blueline? Write it down and mark it as your 2022-23 season goal.