The Greater Toronto Hockey League is hiring Rink Attendants and Timekeepers for the 2022-23 season. Looking to get involved in the game of hockey with flexible hours? Review the Rink Attendant and Timekeeper positions below for complete descriptions.
To apply, please submit a brief resume to Patty Micolino at firstname.lastname@example.org. No prior experience is required.
- Participate in required GTHL training sessions.
- Become familiar with GTHL rules, regulations, policies, and programs.
- The Rink Attendant is to be visible inside the rink and not work out of the front rink office.
- Arrive at the rink 75 minutes prior to game time and set up dressing room assignments. Rink Attendants can leave after the last game has ended.
- Collect game sheet fees from teams to pay officials and timekeeper.
- Contact Central Registry for late arriving timekeepers or game officials and follow GTHL process.
- Report any changes and/or cancellations to arena staff.
- Coordinate flood schedule with arena staff. Be aware of altered flood schedule. Communicate with arena staff to make changes if teams are running behind.
- Handle GTHL computer hardware for the processing of information.
- Observe and report any inappropriate behaviour, safety issues, and arena cleanliness issues via email to GTHL General Manager, and report on rink statement issues section.
- Maintain records. All game sheets are electronic and Rink Attendants are responsible to download the document on the iPad. At the end of the shift, Rink Attendants are to upload the game sheets to the GTHL Portal.
- Attend a timekeeper certification clinic.
- Arrive 30 minutes before game time and at the timekeepers’ area five minutes prior to warm-up.
- Report to Rink Attendant.
- Never to leave the timekeepers’ area unattended during a game.
- Operate GTHL game clocks and GTHL game sheet computer applications.
- Ensure the jersey number of the player who scores and/or receives a penalty is correctly listed on the game sheet (via iPad).
- Accurately record goals, assists, and penalties as reported by the on-ice officials.
- Keep the time served by each penalized player during the game.
- Record the start and finish time of each game and all actual playing time during the game.
- Provide additional support as requested by the Rink Attendant.
To apply and for any additional information, please contact Patty Micolino at email@example.com.